Mosaic to get new user interface
- All Mosaic functions will be unavailable from Thursday, October 27 at 6 p.m. until Monday, October 31 at 8:30 a.m. due to a scheduled upgrade. Administrative offices that use Mosaic to provide student services will have reduced service capabilities during the closure. When Mosaic re-opens students will see an upgraded user interface. See the news article in Mosaic for more information.
- MIIETL is happy to announce WebEx, our new web conferencing tool at McMaster, to be replacing Blackboard Collaborate. WebEx is now available for all faculty/staff at McMaster. Some of you may have already received an account for WebEx. If you have not, and would like to use WebEx, please email us at email@example.com.
Blackboard Collaborate will still be available for use until September 29. If you would like to attend a training session for WebEx, please see https://wiki.mcmaster.ca/webex for the dates and times available. If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phishing scam/attack targeted specifically at the Avenue to Learn community
- There is an advanced spear-phishing attack ongoing against our community, and they’re using Avenue to Learn as their bait.
The attackers have created a site that looks identical to the Avenue login site, and baited users to go there with a password expiry notice.
Please note that the Avenue to Learn team does not ever send out emails regarding password resets, and if users are ever unsure, please contact us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to respond to any concerns that you may have.
Fall/Winter Course Request Form
- The Avenue to Learn course request form is now available for Fall/Winter 2016/2017 Semester. Please make your requests here: http://avenue.mcmaster.ca/course/course_request_check.php. Please note that there are changes to copyright policy that have gone into effect as of January 2016, please read the relevant information when making your course request, and if you have any further questions about copyright and Fair Dealing, please visit http://copyright.mcmaster.ca.
Avenue to Learn Instructor/Developer Training and Workshops
- The workshop training schedule has now been posted. For more information and to book a spot, please head on over to http://avenue.mcmaster.ca/help/form-training.php.
There are no workshops scheduled for the months of June or July
but if you would like to get some training during those months, please
send an email to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to arrange a one-on-one session with you.
- A new tool will be appearing on Avenue today: Badges. Digital badges are a way to document skills, experiences and achievements. Digital badges are portable through Mozilla's Backpack, and allow the user to combine badges from different sources to better articulate themselves to an audience on almost any digital platform. For more information, please see our support wiki article on badges.
If you are interested in issuing badges in a curricular or co-curricular context, please get in touch with Jon Kruithof, email@example.com
D2L Pulse App
- Thanks to modifications to the way you login to Avenue to Learn, we now are pleased to introduce you to D2L's (the company who makes Avenue to Learn) app, Brightspace Pulse. This free app will assist you in keeping on top of your workload, as well as notify you when courses you are enrolled in on Avenue to Learn are updated. To download the iOS version for iPhone users here is the link: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/brightspace-pulse/id1001688546?mt=8. For the Android version download it from the Google Play store through this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.d2l.brightspace.student.android&hl=en. While we are not the developers of this app, we can provide some basic support around configuring it for use at McMaster. If you have feedback for D2L, feel free to put in a ticket and we will pass on that information to D2L.