Fall/Winter 2015/2016 Course Request Form NOW AVAILABLE
- The course request form for Fall 2015, Winter 2016 and Fall/Winter 2015/2016 is now available: http://avenue.mcmaster.ca/course/course_request.php. If you cannot find your course to request, or need assistance in requesting a course, please contact us immediately and we will track down your course.
Instructors, if you do not see your course 48 hours after confirmation of your request, please contact us immediately and we can manually enroll you in your course, or update you on the progress.
UPDATED! Avenue to Learn Upgrade - August 16th
- That time of the year is upon us, where Avenue is upgraded. For more information about the changes that will occur as we move from version 10.3 SP17 to version 10.5.2, please read the upgrade document. As of July 17, there is further information about Turnitin and Dropboxes.
Avenue to Learn Workshops
- We are pleased to offer a full complement of blended mode workshops for Avenue to Learn. If you have previously taken workshops with CLL or MIIETL staff, you will have experienced a typical workshop session. To better reach more people with guided supports, we have developed a two step blended workshop process. The first step is to review materials at: https://wiki.mcmaster.ca/avenue/start under the Self Directed Study section. These are still a work in progress, but contain all the relevant information you will need to know for the working session (which is second step). The steps provided on the Self Directed Study page are what we would do in a workshop - try them out on your own, before you come to the working session. There are videos and additional resources that provide additional support.
In the working session, we expect you to come and work in our collaborative classrooms for an hour or an hour and a half (depending on the workshop) with your actual teaching materials. You can develop your Fall or Winter course in your sandbox (must be requested through the help e-mail two days in advance of the workshop). An Avenue to Learn support person will be available to answer questions, discuss more advanced uses of the tools, and help you work through anything you don't understand. Learning Portfolio workshops will still rely on the traditional, 2 hour in-class model. Sign up for Avenue workshops at: http://avenue.mcmaster.ca/help/form-training.php.
Instructor Survey by D2L About Improvements to the Brightspace Platform (aka Avenue to Learn)
McMaster Primer on Privacy Course - Self Registration
- Starting Tuesday February 10th, all McMaster employees and students will have access to a new course called McMaster Primer on Privacy. This self-directed course will be available through Self Registration, which will be available in the Navigation bar on your Homepage. Students are not required to take this course, however it does contain information about privacy that may be of interest.
What Happens to my Learning Portfolio After I Graduate?
- The short answer is, nothing happens to your Learning Portfolio after you graduate! If you have made a presentation public, it will still be available on the web after your graduate, but you will not be able to login to make changes or continue to add artifacts to your Learning Portfolio. If you wish to continue using your Learning Portfolio you can move it to the MyDesire2Learn Service for free (we've created PDF instructions on how to do this) or you can export the presentations and save them as HTML files. To export a presentation simply select the drop down menu for the specific presentation, then select Export, then choose "Export HTML version of presentation".